VitroGel RGD-PLUS is a ready-to-use tunable hydrogel system modified with a high concentration of RGD cell adhesive peptide, promoting the cell attachment and cell-matrix interactions during the 3D cell culture. This hydrogel system has 3X RGD peptide compared to regular VitroGel 3D-RGD, which maintain a high level of integrin binding activities even after hydrogel dilution.
- Xeno-free tunable hydrogel modified with a high concentration of RGD peptide
- Support strong cell-cell communication; Good for adhesion cells or cells requiring stronger cell-matrix interactions
- Ready-to-use at room temperature
- Tunable hydrogel: dilute with VitroGel Dilution Solution (TYPE 1 or TYPE 2) for different concentrations
- Neutral pH
- Compatible with VitroGel Cell Recovery Solution for easy cell harvesting
- Injectable hydrogel (Check user handbook for preparation details)
- Ships room temperature. Store at 2-8 °C
- Size: 2 mL and 10 mL
- Number of uses (10 mL): 2-6 of 24-well plate at 250 to 300 µL/well
Figure 1, 3D culture of OP9 cells in both VitroGel 3D-RGD and VitroGel RGD-PLUS. (both hydrogels have been prepared at 1:3 dilution with VitroGel Dilution Solution (Type 1), The images were taken on day 2 and 7)
VitroGel RGD-PLUS has better support for OP9 cell proliferation and cell-cell communication. The stronger cell-matrix interactions help the cells to form the cell-networking structure.
Figure 2, 3D view of OP9 cells growth in VitroGel 3D-RGD and VitroGel RGD-PLUS. Cell networking structure formed in VitroGel RGD-PLUS and only single cell suspension has been observed in VitroGel 3D-RGD.
Figure 3, 3D culture of U-87 MG cells in both VitroGel 3D-RGD and VitroGel RGD-PLUS. Cells can grow in 3D hydrogel at 1:1 and 1:3 dilution of both hydrogel. However, the morphologies of the 3D cell culture are very different. Unlike the spheroids structure in VitroGel 3D-RGD, U-87 MG cells perform better cell networking structure and the cell morphology in VitroGel RGD-PLUS indicates a better cell-cell and cell-matrix interaction.
Download first-time user note: Click here
Download user handbook: Click here
View Video Protocols on 3D cell culturing and 2D coating method: Video Protocol Demonstration
View Video Protocol on Cell Recovery from the hydrogel: Video Protocol Demonstration
Download SDS: Click here
Download product brochure: Click here
For research use only. Not for use in diagnostic or therapeutic procedures.